Friday, March 10, 2006

So this week has been . . .

pretty bad. I think Issac Newton should've been arrested for his methods of not proving what he claims to prove. He's an extremely exasperating person to try and understand; leaving out big chunks out of his proofs, so that all the slavish details of the proof might be assigned to an unfortunate (and increasingly frustrated) posterity. He was a big, nasty meanie - that's what.

On the good news side of things, Obsession #2 found out that he's admitted into a graduate program in Florida. He's extremely relieved, and I'm happy I'm going to be living in Florida in a year,

(See Aerial Tour of the Ave Maria's Permanent Campus -http://www.naples.avemaria.edu/This_is_ave_maria/video.asp, and updated info at http://www.avemaria.com/)

instead of Austria,
(See explanation of residence - http://www.iti.ac.at/about/about_campus.htm and pictures at http://www.kartause-gaming.at/)

Now, why, you ask, would you be so excited about living on a campus built on a Florida swamp? Especially when it may have been possible for you to live in a stunningly beautiful hotel in such a charming part of Europe?

Two to four times a year, a $1,000 to $2,000+ flight? And that's only for two of us. There's sure to be 3+ by the end.

I think not.

Not to mention the fact that there would be no relatives and no way for them to visit me practically.

I'll take the American swamp, thank you. :)

And wow, having checked out the second link for the swamp above it hardly looks like we're going to be slummin'. Niiiiiice, huh? These are artist's sketches - the campus is scheduled to be completed the summer we get married. See interesting news story @ http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186202,00.html. Great fun!


Anyhow, that's good news. We're very happy. Hopefully, if Obsession #2 can do really well with their graduate studies (which shouldn't be too hard since he's already taken a lot of the courses in-depth here, he takes test exceptionally well and he's already rather proficient in Latin) he'll easily gain admittance to the doctoral program, as well, which looks pretty cool.

I hear I have one former classmate there with her husband already, and they're expecting in the fall. -Weird!-

So many changes, so fast!
Have a blessed weekend!
-Emily

No comments: