Thursday, May 31, 2007

My musings . . .

. . . will forever be affected by the education I have received.

I stand staring into my closet, looking at a newly ironed shirt I had just hung up.

If Karl Marx is right and human labor really does, in some magical way, transform the objects we handle, does my shirt become more valuable every time I iron it? Heck, how about every time I wash it? If that's so, my old clothes are very valuable right now, and it would be great to have some extra cash for this wedding . . .

. . . and at this point the musing veers off into daydreams about selling off used toothbrushes, holey pairs of jeans and worn out carpets for hundreds of thousands of dollars on ebay. . . .

And I suddenly stop, and think to myself: I am such a nerd!!!

No comments: