Friday, August 31, 2007

It's Weird But It's True

I just figured out the major problem with the university I'm currently working for.
They're too uptight.
No, really, I'm serious. They're much less conservative than the people at the school I graduated from last May, but they're ten times more uptight. I honestly have no idea how they manage it.
I suppose this shows me that it is a fallacy to think that being conservative and being uptight are somehow synonymous. Thinking critically about it, my theory, until now, had been that the more you possessed knowledge from causes, that is, the more rational you became, the less likely you were to be patient with people (many of whom act in an irrational manner).
However, experience now shows me that rational people are much more patient with humanity than the people who don't give a darn about causes, reason, or anything of that ilk. Such sorts of people can randomly decide to be uptight with one another for absolutely no reason at all.
Therefore, this university, even in all it's comparmentalized, technologically advanced, cheerleader-ish, shiny ultra-modern 'We are the Catholics of TODAY, rah rah rah!' glory, is chock full of uptight angst. What's worst about it is that a shocking number of people lack senses of humor.
Yeah, it's weird, but it's true.

No comments: