I've decided that the Trinity is very confusing. It gives me a headache . . . I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not a good thing that God is so frustrating for me - - I can't help but feel there's something disordered in this reaction of mine. But, you know, human language isn't suited to talking about Him like this, so your words end up not really reflecting things properly at all, and then you have to go making all these qualifications here there an everywhere, and when it's all said and done you still feel like you're coming up sooooo short. It's like trying to build a hovercraft with an erector set - - - *sigh*
Last night, a bunch of my classmates were having some kind of strangely joyous debate over the East vs. West on certain trinitarian distinctions. I'm standing here looking at them like they're aliens from outer space. Why talk about this so much? It's just too painful . . .
My fiance said I have to view this as a contemplation or a prayer, but it's been really, really hard to do that, since it does require so much intellectual rigour not to state or imply a heresy, and I can't help but think that's an impious thing to do. Grrr . . . thank goodness we're almost done with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment