I went on a camping trip with Miss D. and a bunch of senior girls this past weekend.
We camped here.
Well, okay, maybe this photo makes it look too good.
It didn't always look this nice. It only looked like that in the mornings and evenings.
Otherwise, it looked like this.

Which is still pretty, but if you think it looks hotter than heck, you're right.
I mean, it's the Mohave desert for goodness sakes.
We saw one of these near camp
- it's evidently called a "chuckwalla". I thought he was kinda cute. Many of the other girls did not.
and speaking of cute, we also saw lots of these
- adorable little beggars, aren't they? Fortunately, these "little bears" stayed away from our food, although we could tell it was with reluctance that they did so. They'd get two feet away from you when you ate, asking for a bite. It was hard to keep from feeding them, but the consequences of doing so would probably have been severe.
I have lots of intellectual things to say but I'm going to do it when I don't have a headache.
Much love to everyone,
Em
Well, okay, maybe this photo makes it look too good.It didn't always look this nice. It only looked like that in the mornings and evenings.
Otherwise, it looked like this.

Which is still pretty, but if you think it looks hotter than heck, you're right.I mean, it's the Mohave desert for goodness sakes.
We saw one of these near camp
- it's evidently called a "chuckwalla". I thought he was kinda cute. Many of the other girls did not.and speaking of cute, we also saw lots of these
- adorable little beggars, aren't they? Fortunately, these "little bears" stayed away from our food, although we could tell it was with reluctance that they did so. They'd get two feet away from you when you ate, asking for a bite. It was hard to keep from feeding them, but the consequences of doing so would probably have been severe.I have lots of intellectual things to say but I'm going to do it when I don't have a headache.
Much love to everyone,
Em

5 comments:
Welcome back.
I heard there were ~35 of you on the trip... isn't that about how many senior girls there are, total, nowadays?
The numbers posted are the only numbers I heard. There were several girls missing - I know that for a fact. Our mutual inheritance was one of them. She would've had a dickens of a time sleeping out there in the desert. ;)
God bless her. :o)
These are gorgeous pictures, by the way.
They're not mine - I did a search for general pictures of the area we stayed in and these came up. Alas, I would have been very happy to obtain some really good shots, but my grandfather's camera has always been left at home. I do have shots of my own, though, on a little disposable camera. You never know - sometimes those little things turn out decent stuff. We'll see how they turn out.
Post a Comment