Have had a great quote week:
1. Dr. Phil: "Forgive me if, in my zeal for the truth, I forget to care about other people." (this one HAS to go into his Senior page next year)
2. Mrs. G to Carps: "If I beat you enough, you'll stop getting nervous."
3. Mr. Miller, to Mr. C: "Wait, now, you're going to hold that even if your opinion is contrary to every other one on earth . . . ?"
4. Mr. "Greatest Highest" (as Mr. Applebey dubbed him): " . . . No! . . . oh, wait . . . that made sense a second ago, . . . like, you know, before I said it. Wait, now, lemme think . . . uh, . . no, man, . . I got nothin'."
and last week:
5. Patty: "How do you know that it's the fire burning you? For all you know, it could be invisible little gnomes biting your fingers.
6. Mr. "Greatest Highest":"Could you say that again and make it, like, relevant?" (*ouch!*)
On the news front, Obsession #2 and I are having our official betrothal ceremony tomorrow; which is a solomn promise according to the Old Missal. It's sorta frightening, in a way. You have to obtain an indult to break off the engagement after that. It was always a more common practice in Europe than here but we thought it was an appropriate thing to do, since we're going to be engaged for a year and a half and all.
I have no problem whatsoever with doing it; I mean, I'd marry him now if it were in any way practical. I have absolutely no misgivings about him as a person (I've known and loved him for so long) or my future role as his wife. *But, it's still a little scary!* My mother says it's like jumping off a highdive. Of course, you make sure there's water in the pool, and ascertain from other signs that it is deep enough and all, but when it comes down to the action, you do just have to go ahead and . . well . . jump.
Much love to you all. My mother is visiting so my studytime has been relatively short and restricted; I'd best take off now.
Have a great weekend!
Em
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment